11/27/2003

I have to watch more Countdown on MSNBC

I'm so out of the times that the last time I saw Keith Olbermann on TV was ESPN's Sportscenter. He was funny then, too. But last night's show was just great.

...here are COUNTDOWN's "Top 3 Newsmakers" of this day:

...And No. 2, Neil Bush, the president's brother, bad divorce ongoing. "New York Post" quoting depositions in the case, in them, Mr. Bush says that while on business trips to Thailand and Hong Kong, women would knock on the door of his hotel room, enter the room, and then have sex with him, but they never asked for money.

And No.1, Dr. Stuart Maloy who says that he has accidentally invented the device called the "Orgasmatron," just like in the Woody Allen picture "Sleeper," except he tells "New Scientist" magazine he can't find women to volunteer to test it. Possibly because it involves inserting two electrodes into the spine. Perhaps Dr. Maloy needs to meet those women from Neil Bush's hotel room.

Heh! The transcript (found via Lexis/Nexis) doesn't note that after he said this, they played part of the Buzzcocks' "Orgasm Addict" before cutting to a commerical.