Just trolling around
I've entered a more rigorous stage of training at my new job, giving my no time to blog from work tonight. Nobody's on to talk to right now, so I figured I'd post some interesting things I found in my early morning web trolling.
From the "Bwwwahahahahaha!" department"
"An edition in the works for nearly a year, "KILLER CULTURE" sheds an unprecedented journalistic light on how and why, to many observers, today's youth culture increasingly resembles the wanton, pagan days of Sodom and Gomorrah."
Read that and try not to laugh. The right's crusade to make sure that our social advancement as a society doesn't progress past the 1950's, those noted liars at WorldNetDaily published this issue of [ahem] "whistleblower." Apparently, they have pointed their fingers at innocent teenage girls with blue liberty spikes. They're EVIL! In fact, "THE MARKETING OF EVIL" headline really sells just how ridiculous this situation is.
Of course, being morons who create problems out of thin air, they can't help but blame the Democrats. Er, excuse me, those EVIL Democrats!: "'Meet the killer culture' by Joseph Farah, documenting the explosion in middle-school sexual promiscuity during the Clinton administration." Mr. Farah must sleep well at night, assured that his Pulitzer is in the mail.
Also included in this magazine is an article about how these freedom-loving Republicans want to restrict our freedoms by shoving religion down our throats: "'Culture revival: A call to the churches,' a detailed action plan for restoring America to its Judeo-Christian roots, by Bob Just."
Some more real Republican values
Over at Blunted on Reality, the real Strom Thurmond is exposed:
Thurmond, often revered by Republicans, had sex with a teenage girl and impregnated her when he was 22. Ashamed that his taboo jaunt had bore fruit, he swore the mother to secrecy and agreed to cut her some support in the form of cash over a number of years.
Let's stop there. Sure, Thurmond did a lot more for this child than he could have, but giving someone hush money is almost as despicable as giving no support at all. Thurmond then went on to foster a successful political career that was anchored on hatred, racism, and segregation.
And a little Republican corruption
Connecticut's Republican governor faces impeachment:
An excruciating year of budget shortfalls, state employee layoffs and ethical crises culminated last week in Rowland's admission that a major state contractor and several friends including some under suspicion in a federal corruption probe paid for renovations to his lakefront vacation home.
Whoops.
Is that all ya got?
The pro-life movement's reply to making the morning after pill available over the counter: People might have sex! Anybody know where I can deliver a holiday batch of clue cookies to these people? Honestly. This pill is in existence because people are already having sex. Why? Because people LIKE having sex, that's why. If this pill is available, it will reduce the number of abortions in this country. And sorry, the expulsion an egg from your body that was fertilized a day ago is not murder.
Why am I even talking about this? I'm a fat white guy. Last I checked, I don't have a vagina. This isn't even my decision. What right would I have to tell a woman that she can't take this pill? None of us have that right.

<< Home