Kualety Edjewkayshun
Houston lowers their standards to, you know, technically leave no child behind.
City schools are dropping a policy that required city high school students to pass such core courses as English and math before they moved to the next grade.
The board of the Houston Independent School District on Thursday gave preliminary approval to a new promotion policy that school officials hope will keep struggling students from getting discouraged and help cut the district's dropout rate.
OK kids, it's story time. I'm a student at a junior college, and during my last class this week, the teacher complained that the state was forcing the school offer classes for people who need to read and write. And I have to agree withhim, because thisis stuff they should be teaching in first grade. I can understand offering these classes for immigrants, etc., but they are being offered for everybody. Why? Because public schools apparently don't give a flying fuck and a half about whether or not their students know how to read before giving them a diploma. Dropping standards just to pass students isn't solving the problem, it's a symptom of the problem.

<< Home