So, why can't women purchase Plan B over the counter?
Could it be because there's a Bush in office? Probably.
Several members of the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) expert advisory committees are speaking out against the agency’s delay of its decision to make the emergency contraceptive Plan B available without a prescription. Two doctors on the advisory committee and Jeffrey M. Drazen, MD, the editor of New England Journal of Medicine, published an opinion piece in this week’s issue of the journal charging that the postponement of the FDA’s decision on making EC available over-the-counter “suggests that the FDA's decision-making process is being influenced by political considerations.”
Given the track record of safety Plan B has, there's no reason why it shouldn't be widely available. Regardless, the FDA is mulling a minimum age to purchase the drug and limiting your access to it by keeping it behind the pharmacy counter.
I'm trying not to shoot my mouth off with a bunch of profanities and insults right now, so I honestly at a loss for words. I'd like to say it's unbelievable that the GOP and pro-life groups will goto such extremes just to make sure a woman doesn't have the right, her right, to choose what happens to her body, but unfortunately this is quite believable. It's believable to the point where it's not even shocking anymore, and one is stymied on how to react in the face of such brazen stupidity. Plan B averts the need for an abortion, and sorry, but a cell or two after conception is not a human. I just killed a couple hundred cells tapping away on the keyboard to make this entry, should I be thrown in the pro-life slammer too?

<< Home