How the mighty have fallen, part 2
The Providence Phoenix, my local "alternative" weekly paper, used to be my favorite regular read. They also had great articles on politics, added a new spin to state political events, and had great arts coverage. But these days, after seeing too many covers featuring such "artists" as Britney Spears and Avril Lavigne, I've had trouble taking the paper seriously. I guess having the web at my fignertips, enabling me to read about news a week before the Phoenix comments on it, helps.
But the Phoenix should at least keep their website updated with current events. Yet when I click on the "Movies" section, there's not one mention of the hottest movie currently under the sun - Fahrenheit 9/11. For a paper with a liberal agenda, that's a shame. If their coverage is going to lack this much, all while trying to make out people like Britney to be "serious" musical artists, then I still see no reason to pick up the Phoenix.

<< Home