7/02/2004

Let's bring Saddam back, he know how to administrate things

Congress' nonpartisan General Accounting Office released a report which says basic services in Iraq were better before the war. And why aren't services upto par?

One of the biggest problems, Singer said, is that, while money has been pledged and allocated, not much has been spent. The GAO report shows that very little of the promised international funds — most of which are in loans — has been spent or can be tracked. The CPA's inspector general found the same thing.

"When we ask why are things not going the way we hoped for," Singer said, "the answer in part of this is that we haven't actually spent what we have in pocket."

"Very little of the promised international funds ... has been spent or can be tracked." It can't be tracked?! Uhm, why? If theres little money being spent to get Iraq back on it's feet, and then in the same breath you can mention that the money isn't even being tracked, isn't this one big problem instead of two separate ones? If the money can't be tracked, then how do we know it's not already spent?

I know that I'm been playing 20 questions in my posts lately, but, I mean, what the fuck? Am I the only person looking at this and wonders, "Hmmm, if the money isn't being spent, and the money isn't being tracked, then maybe the money is being stolen?" Shouldn't a journalist have this on their mind? Maybe an editor? Maybe somebody who works at the GAO?