Let's play "Spot the Delusions!"
I just ran across this paragraph in an anti-Kerry editorial at the conservative Jerusalem Post.
The revulsion for George W. Bush on the part of many Democrats is deeply puzzling. Why would these champions of human rights hate Bush for having removed the world's foremost war criminal from power? And why would they have nominated a man for president who has confessed to having carried out serious war crimes in Vietnam?
Oy vey, where to begin? I could ask the obvious question that if Kerry committed "serious war crimes," then why isn't he locked up behind some serious bars? Or maybe I should deal witht he human rights issue and ask about Palestine. Or ask the author what he thinks of Bush's plan to rebuild Iraq and how that's going, because surely there's no human rights being violated there right now! Or maybe I should ask about Abu Ghraib and GitMo. Or maybe I should point out that if huge war crimes, larger than anything in Iraq, are about to happen in Sudan, then how can Saddam have possibly been the "world's foremost war criminal?"
And the most pertinent question: How do hacks like this get paid to write while people like me are forced to print the truth for free?

<< Home