9/04/2004

Sex discussion!

Come on, only two responses so far? No one is the least bit interested in this topic? I'm disappointed.

I usually post these on Sunday's, but the last time I tried I didn't receive a comment, which kind of defeats the purpose of having a discussion thread.

In today's modern dating world, I'm wondering when you think the right time to have sex with somebody is. I've been wondering about this since I just got dumped by a woman I knew I could have slept, but my past relationships have been unorthodox where I've landed in bed too quickly.

Or have they been unorthodox? I remember a comment a married friend my age, 26, made about the dating habits she's observed in her friends now compared to when he was still dating six years ago. She said that things seem to go much more seriously by the fourth date now. By my own choice with the last woman I dated, we had only kissed by the end of the third, and final, date. This has me wondering what the socially excepted norms for dating are now. Is one expected to put out quickly or it's over? Was I misinterrupted as not being intersted in her? Is there something that I'm missing here?

I know this is all about me me me, but I think there are some general issues here that I'm not catching onto. Hopefully we all learn something. So, please, discuss!