10/01/2004

The Miami Massacre

Impatient, arrogant, noticeably irritated, and snapping back his answers in a tone which suggested that he was insulted to even be questioned, Bush was at his very best last night. Except, of course, when he shows us five different ways to say Kim Jong-il, pronounces mullah as "moo-lah," and asks Jim Lehrer for extra time to respond to Kerry and gives the camera a deer in the headlights look for a few seconds before forming a sentence. While that may not be his best, that's just classic.

I really wish that I could bring myself to discuss foreign policy, the War in Iraq, and everything else that was brought up in this debate, but I just can't get over the fact that Bush performed so horribly. And besides, beyond dictating that the Commander-in-Chief should merely serve as a cheerleader to our Armed Forces, he didn't partake in much discussion about policy, either. "Mr. President, how do we win the War in Iraq?" 'We must stand strong and support our troops. Rah-rah-sis-boom-bah!' Listening to him convinced me that his only plan for Iraq was to team up with Senator Lott and form the Axis of Pom-Poms.

And Poland? Poland?!

After watching last night's debacle, I don't think I can ever take Bush seriously again. What was your impression of the debate?

[Crossposted to Rox Populi.]