11/01/2004

Comment spam like you wouldn't believe

Since I'm on Blogger and using Haloscan for my comments, I don't suffer from comment spam problems.

Until now.

Just in case Blogger goes AWOL on Election Night, when I imagine their servers will be most busy, I'm setting up a backup Wordpress blog for Loaded Mouth so I can continue blogging without interruption. I had the same URL setup on my old servers a month ago, and eventually Technorati found it. And now, apparently, the comment spammers have found it, too. Just after reloadeding Wordpress on 10/27 and creating a couple test posts, they got slammed with comment spam. I shut down comments on one test post because I was sick of all the emails, but there's a total of 17 comments, all spam, on the other one.

Just now, I made another test post. I instantly received 2 spammed comments.

The fuckers work quick, don't they?