media watch
Newsday reports that Bush lied when he stated in a speech that blue-chip economists said that the economy would grow by 3.3% if his tax plan is instituted. Makes you wonder what else he might be lying about.. [cough]iraq[cough]
A report says that 24 US firms sold weapons technology to Iraq. UK firms: 17. German firms: 80.
As the US and UK have introduced a resolution to the UN Security Council that wants to set the stage for war, France, Germany, and Russia are set to introduce a new resolution to insure a more peaceful resolution to the standoff. And as anti-french prejudice in America continues to spread (I cannot find a link to support this claim, but that's just how I feel with all the talk radio I listen to; maybe being three quarters french makes me sensitive), one wonders when the self-styled patriots will call for a boycott on french fries.
Saddam wants to debate Bush on the issues, styled like a presdential debate. This might confuse Americans, who might see this and think that the presidential election is happening this year and you can vote for Saddam.
Here's a smathering of military news from Afghanistan. Appearently, the Taliban is still attacking US forces, and Afghani officials are still counting the nobody of innocent lives taken.
The first mass trial of an experimental AIDS vaccine has failed. Try, try again.. I'm simply a layman and the article doesn't specifically discuss this, but I'm hoping that this trial means that there has been more progress made towards a cure.

<< Home