media watch
A lawyer in New York was arrested for wearing an anti-war tee shirt at the mall. The shirt said, "Give peace a chance", and he just purchased it at the mall! Mall security guards, who I guess didn't have enough teenagers to crack down on that day, told the man that he has to remove the shirt or leave. He refused. They then called the police and had the man arrested, brought to court, and he now faces a trial which could land him in jail for a year. This is America?
MSNBC reports that Dr. Pepper is launching an advertising campaign for their new product, out in April, called "Raging Cow". The advertising campaign is exploiting blogs to advertise the drink, and it has even opened up its own blog site, ragingcow.com. The strategy is to pass off their blog as an actual blog by an actual person and not a corporation, and hope that it is trendy enough so that many other people link to it. I hope that irony kills this campaign, as many bloggers just like me will report this fraud.
Thousands of students plan to skip class and work tomorrow, going on strike as a statement against war in Iraq. Books, not bombs.
In the UK, McDonalds get slapped for false advertising. They have to pull an ad for their new steak sandwich because the actual product looks nothing like the product shown in the commercial.
I'm not for war, as many regular blog readders have already guessed, but I have a question: why are we trying, and failing, to prove that Iraq is a threaten to American soil while we don't pay much attention to North Korea, who could be building the Bomb and are now flying their jets within 50 feet of our spy planes? I mean, I honestly feel bad for the country. They must feel like the attention-starved middle child, and they can't believe that even though the US has a war mongering despot in office, but no matter how much trouble they get into, this guy just won't pay attention to them! North Korea is jumping up and down saying, "Lookitmeee! Lookitmeeee! I'm building nukes! We could take out LA! Look here, Gerogie! Do you only care about oil?!"

<< Home