(yet another) late media watch
Man, go away for a weekend and you miss a lot.
Salon has a story about a little memo from the NSA and was made public. It discusses spying on UN Security Council members to see how they will vote concerning resolutions with Iraq. Salon's story is about how this was a huge headline around the world except in one nation: the United States. I agree with that, because I was out of town this weekend, and the few times I was able to listen to the news, I didn't hear a thing about this story. Media analysis from Indymedia NYC comes to the same conclusion as Salon.
So there was an al-Qa'ida mastermind captured, and the man looks remarkably like Ron Jeremy. I have been reading through nation and international news about this story on news.google.com and no article takes this man, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, lightly. They all argree that he's a top man at al-Qa'ida, making him a real world class asshole. If we have indeed caught somebody who helped plan the 9/11 attacks, my thoughts on that are generally positive. I hope we treat him in a humane manner, which, unfortunately, I have my doubts that we will. There have been musings from Republican pundits, namely Michael Savage, that this is proof that we are going to win the "War on Terrorism". Seeing that Khalid Shaikh Mohammed is just one man part of one terrorist organization, though, the War on Terror still looks about as endless, and pointless, as the War on Drugs.
Ralph Nader has penned on a column on his feelings about MSNBC canceling Donahue.

<< Home