3/14/2003

media watch
Warblogging has made a pretty clear case defining Gulf War Redux (I think I will be stealing that phrase) is illegal. There are too many points to single out and links to give you, so I urge you to goto the site and spend a few minutes reading the blog. It's an eyeopener.

The New York Times asks the question, "What Will It Cost to Rebuild Iraq?" Nobody knows the answer to this right now, but there are estimates that this will cost $20 billion and we would need 200,000 troops there to secure the country, which would spread our military out pretty thin (I guess the only good thing about that is that means that we wouldn't have the military strength to invade another country, unless the draft is brought back...) Years and years of commitment are needed for this process. So far, the US has been looking for takers on a $900 million contract to help rebuild Iraq after we bomb the crap out of it, and our current track record with rebuilding Afghanistan goes against us.

In case youhave been living under a rock, Bush will not be going to the UNSC this week for a vote on a new resolution. The jury is out on whether or not he will ever go back to the security council to get a resolution passed.