Foxnews: We report, you whack off
One of the only times I get a chance to watch television is when I an in the exercise room of my apartment complex. I flip on the tube and go through the news channels to see which one I would most like to spit propaganda at me. MSNBC, boring. CNN, yawn. Fox.. Yowwuhs! One look at this channel and you realize why they are the number one news channel in ratings: babes! If you thought that it was the quality of the news coverage, then I am afraid you are mistaken. It's the babes. When I flipped the channel to Fox, the anchor I saw was in a camera frame similar to this one:

Boing!
With all the news channels covering the same story and me needing something to look at while I did my time on the elliptical runner, Fox definitely fit my needs with their coverage. Whether or not it was coverage of the news or her legs, I'm still not sure.
You have to admit that with gimmicks like this, it's no wonder Foxnews is doing good in the ratings war. Not to demean the careers of the female anchors and journalists that they employ (I'll let the fact that they are employed by Foxnews demean them and everyone else that works for the channel), but I think Fox knows that their core audience is just waiting for images like this one:

If you grab your cheek and knock it against your jaw a few times, you'll get the sound that is coming from the homes of many Foxnews viewers at any point in time.
Perhaps MSNBC has the wrong strategy. They hire jackasses like Michael Savage to try and get Fox's Republican base to watch their channel, but Fox could report the same news as Al Jazeera and get the same ratings, as long as they have some hot women to deliver it their core audience of mostly desperate, overweight, middle aged men. Let's face it, Foxnews is the Baywatch of 24 hour news networks, and they know it.
By the way, the anchor pictured, the same one I saw on TV today, is Kiran Chetry. She has a Yahoo Group where they talk about, you guessed it, how hot she is.
I never thought I would complain about this, but whatever happened to all those "family values" Republicans? You would think that they would be speaking out against this before a pervert like me got to the story. Yeesh.

<< Home