5/14/2003

iLoo takes a crap on Microsoft's reputation
Hopefully the saga surrounding the story about MSN developing an outhouse with Internet access will die down after today's story in the Seattle Times.

Last saturday, Loaded Mouth reported on a story that MSN was developing a "portable lavatory" with a computer inside it that would give you access to the Internet while doing your duty.

Yesterday, the Urban Legends Reference Page Snopes posted a report which said that the iLoo story and concept was false. At the time, Snopes was correct, Microsoft did come out and say that they were not developing an Internet-connected shitter.

Well, today the Seattle Times has an article where Microsoft admits that the iLoo was a project that they were working on, but they have since dropped it because of all the bad press that iLoo got when the project was made public.

I have emailed Snopes about this, and I'm sure I'm not the only person to have done so. Snopes is a great resource and they aren't wrong about this story, the story changed because Microsoft lied yesterday.