Greg Palast on Liberia
I have avoided mentioning Liberia until now because I don't really know what to say. Seeing how the Bush administration has used our troops, I feel apprehensive about Bush sending our troops anywhere. The mainstream media has articles saying that Liberian citizens want American soldiers to come to help end the civil war that the country is in, and they have gone as far as to drag dead bodies, fresh casualities from the war, to the US embassy in an effort to get our military on their soil. Given how much trust I have in the mainstream media, I wondered if there was another side off the story that they weren't telling.
In this case, there probably isn't. Greg Palast supports sending troops to Liberia, and he recently wrote a column that discusses Liberian history and how the US played a role in making Liberia what it is today, people are suffering, and that do only can we put it to a stop to their civil war but we have an obligation to. This is a must-read column.

<< Home