8/09/2003

Indoctrinating Hitler.. Er, excuse me, Bush Youth
I would use, "From the 'More reasons why the world hates us' department..." for a title, but it's already been used once today. Here's what passes for a toy these days: a Bush action figure in a flight suit.

From the product description: "BBI proudly introduces the latest issue in its Elite Force series of authentic military 12- inch figures, President George W. Bush in naval aviator flight uniform. Exacting in detail and fully equipped with authentic gear, this limited-edition action figure is a meticulous 1:6 scale recreation of the Commander-in-Chief's appearance during his historic Aircraft Carrier landing. On May 1, 2003, President Bush landed on the USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72) in the Pacific Ocean, and officially declared the end to major combat in Iraq."

We're supposed to be proud of this?

Right now, I just can't find the words to describe how I feel. "Brainwashing" and "propaganda" come to mind, though.