9/16/2003

Have I told you how much I hate Hewlett-Packard?

HP knows quality when they see it. That's why the makers of computers and printers which frequently don't work (at my first help desk job, I had an HP desktop that rebooted everytime I slammed my fist on my desk) purchased two shiny new jets for their executives.

How does a company who is in the red do this? By laying off workers, of course.

What's a few jobs cut here and ousourced to India there when it means new perks for the executives? Fuck the little people that actually build a company and generate profit for these assholes, they are meaningless compared to HP's two shiny new jets! Meanwhile, the laid off workers are probably wondering where there next meal will come from.

Honest to god, shouldn't this be illegal? If your company is using declining profits as an excuse to shitcan employees, then goes out and buys jets for its executives, shouldn't these executives be thrown in the slammer? Think about what they have done to workers and their families. Think about it. Do these high paid execuitves really need another perk?

In a perfect world, HP's shiny new jets will crash into a mountain somewhere. Honestly, I'm kind of hoping they do.