9/15/2003

Hopefully I won't be so unemployed soon...

I've got a job interview this morning, so posting is going to be light today. Otherwise, I hope you wish me luck and hope that bad things do not happen to me. :)

One thing I have been reading today is a Salon interview with Tucker Carlson, a conservative host from CNN's Crossfire. You know, the one with the bow tie that you love to hate. But, I have a new found respect for the man with quotes like this:

"Well, what I think the problem is in general and, not just with Fox, but the genre, is that it encourages you to use a straw man. So for example you see hosts bring on, 'This is Jeffrey Mohammed X, and he's the president of the Association to Kill White Motherfuckers," and he'll be presented as a spokesman for black America. And then the host will say, "Well, how can you support lynching white people? That's just wrong!'

Well, of course, it's wrong! This guy doesn't represent anybody! The classic flipside, which I've seen much more, is that you get some 62-year-old, semi-retarded cracker whose like the lone member of his chapter of the KKK, and he represents white supremacists. How many white supremacists are there in America? There are about nine, and they're all mentally retarded. [heh!]

We really try to be above that. If we have some crackpot on the show, that crackpot speaks for people."