9/13/2003

On the front burner

As promised, I will be doing some writing about the WTO protests, actions, and WTO/Seattle from 1999. I should have time to do so today, but waking up an hour before noon because your saw a show in New Haven, CT, last night doesn't help my cause.. And, the sad part about this is that the show wasn't even that good. I went as a favor to a friend, because a few years back she went to see Pansy Division with me after much begging and complaining about going alone on my part. Most of the fans at the show were there to see Cave In, who, and even my friend agreed with me, hardcore sucked. The first word I thought of when they started playing was "pretentious". Their set feature 3-7 loops is keyboad sounds that would make a dog howl. It was just this one sound sequence repeated and echoed and dragged on and on and on and on. After they played and a lot of people left, I joked with my friend about how they're are no guitarists in the crowd anymore. (I guess you have to be a musician to get that one.)

So, for now, I'm still recovering. If you do not see another entry today, please blame Cave In. Thanks.