News from the blogs
I'm lazy today and I haven't had much time to gather news since my DSL connection went down, so I am going to quote directly from some blogs. They have had the best news today anyway.
Daily Kos uncovers an interesting fact about Bush that might explain why he is such an ill-informed liar:
But not surprising. Bush himself told Fox that he "insulates" himself from the world outside, and only listens to news filtered by his own staff.
There are other great entries today on Kos, so go read them before I smack ya 'round.
Talking Points Memo cuts through the shit surrounding the Clark/Rove story to remind you that it was planted by people who are friends with Bush and Rove, placing wordsin Clark's mouth:
But wait a second. Do you see the problem here? Right. Clark isn't the one who's saying he put in calls to Karl Rove. Owens and Hotzman are saying it.
So to the extent this means anything -- and that's highly debatable -- it discredits them, not him.
In other words, the canard floated by one group of Rove's pals on day one gets shot down by another group of his friends on day two. Like I said, journalistic friendly fire on the right.
Eschaton comments on the overturning of the California recall election decision from last week:
Now, I'm not a judicial scholar of, say, Ann Coulter's stature, but it seems me that throwing up the bad rulings of higher courts back in their faces is about the only thing a lower court CAN do to make a higher court rethink a bad decision and do what it's supposed to do - establish precedents and guidelines for other courts to follow. Lithwick seems to be advocating everyone just ignore the reasoning behind one of the most important judicial decisions in recent history. The press says ignore it. The politicians say ignore it. And now, even the COURTS are supposed to ignore it.
Screw that.
If you're not reading his blog everyday, then start. Now. Do it for the children.

<< Home