No posting this morning, and none tonight because I am going to a punk rock show. Sorry..
I have to ask, though, when did punk shows, and music shows in general, become so expensive? I'm going to be shelling out 15 calms tonight for a show that would have cost me $8-10 a couple years ago. I guess that's one reason why I'm more of a homebody these days. I'll be going to a show tomorrow, too.. Wondering if I'll get my paycheck in the mail tomorrow, too. That would be helpful.
Anyways, a couple news stories I read today that oyu might not have seen yet. They deal with, big surprrise, the Bush administration!
Remember, from a couple of years back, Bush's global gag rule banning government funding to non-government family planning groups who perform or otherwise think of abortion as an option? Those funding cuts have left some Afrcian communities with no healthcare at all. Compassionate conserv-- whatever. (Well he even dare use that slogan in the 2004 campaign?)
The EPA wants to exempt factory farms from air pollution laws so they can use them in a study to see what emssions they produce. One would figure that we already have a clue as to what emissions they produce, hence we have air pollution laws.. I mean, it's that simple. But, one can't expect much from an administration that purposely buries evidence of global warming just to suit the corporations who fund them.

<< Home