The Old News
From the War Propaganda Dept., Skippy and Twin Cities Babelogue have reports about form letters being sent to American newspapers that are supposedly by soldiers, but some soldiers whom "wrote" the letters claim they never did. Besides the name of the soldier and the city changing, the letters sent to different papers are the same. Cursor reports that an Army commander has taken responsibility for the forgeries. For real letters from soldiers, I believe Hackworth has a few.
Uggabugga has a few complaints concerning Newsweek's article about Rush Limbaugh. Their handy little table points out where Newsweeks manipulates the facts and treats Limbaugh with kid gloves. When reached for comment, the author of the article answered questions with, "mmmph! mmmmmmph!", while Limbaugh's cock was still in his mouth.
"A man in some country was recently taken, handcuffed, down into a subterranean interrogation room in the bowels of a police station and asked by a police investigator, 'When I look into your writings, will I find anything subversive?' This sounds like something one might have heard coming out of the former Soviet Union. However, it wasn't.. . . The country was America, the man was me, and the interrogation room was in the basement of the massive and imposing Kansas City Jail on 12th street (Tuesday, Sept 16th, 2003)," from US News Blog. This is what one can expect if they do so much as protest against Bush. I can't wait for the 2004 Republican National Convention protests in NYC. (Actually, seriously, I can't. I'm so there.)
Salon has a great article today on the US turning our backs on the Kurds - again! Even pro-war pundits on the right think Bush is pulling a bonehead move here, we don't need to risk any fighting between the Kurds and Turks.
People in the UK town of Hartlepool, where the US intends to scrap toxic Navy ships from the 50's, well show their displeasure by mooning the scrap as it comes in. From the article: "'We've got better things to do than break up shitty ships,' said Mike Turner, a Labour councillor in Seaton ward. 'We'll be looked on as George Bush's toilet. The people of Hartlepool have said loud and clear they don't want them.'"

<< Home