10/13/2003

This is outrageous

The federal government is suing Greenpeace because of actions that their supporters took that resulted in civil disobedience charges. This lawsuit strikes at the heart of the first amendment. Federal prosecutors reason that, and I quote, "The heart of Greenpeace's mission is the violation of the law."

The article goes on to say, "Greenpeace, a corporation, cannot, of course, serve prison time. But, it can be put on probation, requiring it to report to the government about its activities and jeopardizing its tax-exempt status. If convicted of the misdemeanor charge, Greenpeace could also face a $10,000 fine."

Well, it's about time the Bush administration went after corporations! I can think of a few more corporations that need a fire lit under their ass, all I would need to do is take a look at who contributes money to Dubya's campaign. Maybe if Greenpeace started giving money to Bush and, say, supported the second amendment, they wouldn't have to worry.