11/08/2003

Saddam tried to cut deal, but it's all Clinton's fault!

Yes, that is actually what Newsmax would like you to believe.

When I initially heard the story that Hussein tried cutting a deal with the US to avoid war, I didn't know what to make of it. I figured I would wait the story out and see if anything more came out of it, because there's no telling if the story was true. So I did search on it today and I was surprised to find that the pro-Bush tabloid Newsmax admits that the story is true, that Iraq tried cutitng a deal with the US to avoid war, but they tried spinning it. They admited that Iraq has been trying to cut a deal since 1993, so that must mean Clinton's to blame! Their "article" also does a good job of even mentioning the negotiations tried entering into with Dubya.

So what's the difference between Clinton and Bush not being able to land a deal with Saddam? That should be obvious: one took us to war and one didn't. That's a huge diference.

Since Newsmax has tried spinning the story, that must mean the story itself is true since they can't bury it. So Bush, care to explain to us why all of our soldiers are dying when you could have cut a deal with Saddam to avoid war?