He went aWol, but what are YOU going to do about it?
I've been reading an interview with Boston Globe reporter Walter Robinson, who broke the story about Bush skipping National Guard duty in 1972 during the 2000 presidential election. You and I both know Bush went AWOL, so I'm not going to beat a dead horse and quote from it. But the problem is that most people don't know about Bush's military past. My father, for example, had no clue but is rather mad at Bush after I told him. My father is like many other Americans who don't have time to be little web trolls like those of us with no life. :) But seriously, I imagine people who read this blog get their news from many different sources: web, radio, television, and newspapers. The web alone provides a huge amount resources, be at wire services, different countries media, or blogs. When you have time to use the webm even if it's only for a couple hours, you can access a large variety of information. I have a desk job giving me a lot of time on the web, and I enjoy blogging what I read and hopefully those with less time than me can come here and be a little more informed. But we must remember that not everyone has the time or luxury to browse the web, and they still get their news from traditional sources. My parents are part of this group, and I'm sure most people can say the same thing about their parents, or friends of their parents, or your aunts and uncles and some of your older coworkers. If you have time to troll the web and read blogs, then it's your job to keep the people around you informed, tell them what the traditional media won't.
The Bush/AWOL story is gaining some traction in the mainstream media, but the way it was dismissed by Peter Jennings and Wolf Blitzer when it first broke (again) this year is absolutely appalling, just goes to show that they're not doing their jobs. The right side of the media has been even worse, all they do is point out that Bush was honorably discharged. Yes, he was, but the question here which they won't address is why Bush didn't report to duty for a year. Another question which is so bleedingly obvious that you can't even call it probing: How come Bush has been honorably discharged when he left town for a year, against orders? I've lived in Rhode Island my whole life. As any other astute resident of this state can tell you, we can smell corruption from a mile away, so let me tell you as somebody who knows.. If you have to ask that question, one with such obvious conflict, then it becomes rhetorical. Corruption exists, which means a crime exists. Bush is guilty of both if we even have to ask the question.

<< Home