2/14/2004

What's the big friggen deal?

The FDA is still undecided on whether to make the morning-after birth control pill available over the counter because of pressure primarily from people who have penises and never have to worry about unwanted pregnancies affecting their lives because they can just cut and run. Hey, I'm just telling it like it is. In my humble opinion, people who are against to sale of this contraceptive are absolutely out of their fucking minds. What's the big deal? How does the availability of the morning after pill affect their lives in any way, shape, or form? God.. I can't believe people can still be this backwards, but hey, that's their choice. And I'm all about compromise, so I have a deal for those who do not wish for this contraception to be available over the counter: You get your way, but you also get to take care of the 3 million unwanted pregnancies that happen each year in this country. You think it's your religious duty to make sure these babies are born, great, open out your fat wallets and take care of them. Until you're ready to do this, I suggest you shut up and let women have the freedom to decide what they want to do.