Another non-story
I'm not going to link to any of the stories which boost that bin Laden's right hand man may be cornered or may almost be captured. Hell, I refuse to waste my time reading any of them. Either you got him or you fucking don't, OK? And if you don't, it's not a fucking story.
What I found most striking about these new operations on the Pakistani/Afghanistan border is how well they have been advertised. You know, nothing helps our search for bin Laden like making sure that every media agency in the known universe tells him where we'll be searching for him, and at what time. I think the point of holding a search operation is that the subject of the search doesn't know when and where the operation takes place. Duh. Any 5 year old who's played "Manhunt" could tell you this.
Update: At 7:30 this morning, they (non) story hasn't changed. However, the Taliban (remember them?) says, "Bin Laden and al-Zawahiri safe in Afghanistan."

<< Home