First reaction
Yaaaaawn.. I just got up, so I missed Bush's poo throwing exhibition on prime time tonight. I'm guessing that I didn't miss anything Earth shattering, just a couple things which could be Iraq shattering. But here's one quote that really gets me:
Gen. John Abizaid, commander of U.S. forces in the region, said on Monday he had asked for two more brigades -- about 10,000 troops -- for Iraq. "If that's what he wants, that's what he gets," Bush said. About 130,000 U.S. troops are serving in the 145,000-strong U.S-led coalition in Iraq.
Geez, there's nothing like just outright bowing to the whims of the Pentagon, is there? God, even during the height of the Vietnam war, LBJ was still weary of the Pentagon, especially after Gen. Westmoreland wanted to use some tactical nukes. What happens if Gen. Abizaid asks to use tactical nukes, will Bush say, "Sure thing Johm, here ya go!"

<< Home