Newsblast!
I don't like leaving the blog with as few updates as this, but I also have to goto bed. So maybe I should call this the "News Compromise"...
This just in from the "Big Flippin' Surprise!" dept.: Troops aren't re-enlisting. Why do American troops hate America?
Being completely against the war in Iraw right from it's onset, I'm not sure if I can/want to agree witht he assessment of Lt. Col. Antulio Echevarria that the Bush administration really didn't think this through. His solution? We should have had more troops on the ground from the beginning. Listening to talk radio on the road earlier today, I heard John McCain and, in so many words, he basically said the same thing. In his view, he had gone to Iraq and talked witht he military commanders on the ground, and all of them said that more troops were needed because attacks, like the ones we have seen recently, were coming. So we have some military commanders in Iraq now saying that these attacks were predictable, but if I remember the Bush administration's stance correctly, they wanted to keep the number of troops down to a minimum. Wouldn't want to risk that war effort becoming too big or anything. Like I said, I completely disagree with the war, but the incompetence of this administration is astounding. First they want war, but then they aren't willing to really fight it? Can't these guys do anything right?
"I knew what would happen if people thought we were developing a potential war plan for Iraq," Bush is quoted as telling Woodward. "It was such a high-stakes moment and ... it would look like that I was anxious to go to war. And I'm not anxious to go to war."
I guess this is believable. Bush seemed more anxious to play a round of golf rather then protect the nation after he was told bin Laden wanted to attack it, and had the resources to attack it.
Let's not forget about Bush the Environmentalist:
The Bush administration's new air quality standard will impose tougher requirements on the nation's smoggiest regions ? Southern and Central California ? but postpone the compliance deadline for so many years that local air officials worry that the regulations could be rendered ineffective.
If you listenclosely, somewhere in the distance you'll hear your corporate masters shout, "SWEET! Hand so more kickbacks to Scalia!" (OK, that's a completely unfounded charge, but funny, right?)
The FDA bows to your corporate masters and may have taken a few lives in the process (not like they care) (drowsiness = cynicism, for anyone keeping score at home):
Top Food and Drug Administration officials admitted yesterday that they barred the agency's top expert from testifying at a public hearing about his conclusion that antidepressants cause children to become suicidal because they viewed his findings as alarmist and premature...
Dr. Andrew D. Mosholder, an agency epidemiologist, was the man charged with analyzing 22 studies involving 4,250 children and seven drugs. In a carefully argued, 33-page memorandum, he concluded that children given antidepressants were almost twice as likely as those given placebos to become suicidal.
He urged the agency to discourage doctors from prescribing to children all antidepressants except Prozac. Prozac is the only antidepressant proven effective in treating depressed children, and its studies showed no link with suicide, Dr. Mosholder wrote. Dr. Mosholder's conclusions mirrored those made by British health authorities. [tasnote: I guess those louts are unreliable, just like the Canadians and their damned cheap prescription drugs. UNSAFE! YOU'LL ALL DIE IF YOU TAKE THEM! GO BROKE FOR US!!] ...
Health officials convened a special advisory committee on Feb. 2 to offer guidance on how the agency should respond to the studies. As the agency's principal reviewer, Dr. Mosholder was scheduled to speak. He was removed from the agenda, Dr. Temple said.
Shameless.
And if you were hoping for peace in Iraq and the Middle East, Bush's dicksuck to Sharon set that back for a while.
Clearly taken aback by the fury provoked by the change, the US secretary of state, Colin Powell, embarked on a series of media appearances and telephone calls to try to convince the administration's many critics that President George Bush's support for Jewish settlement building in the West Bank would not emascu late an eventual Palestinian state. He also defended the president's stand against the right of return of Palestinian refugees to their homes in what is now Israel.
I'm so glad the adults are in charge.

<< Home