4/15/2004

I think Bobbit has a present for her. Erm, him. I mean. Yeah...

This just in from the "There's no possible way on Earth that I can make this shit up" dept.: "Court says girl, 13, can have sex change treatment Row over court ruling on girl's sex change treatment."

A child psychiatrist who has seen Alex over the past 16 months told the court she had dreams about having a penis.

"[He] has repeatedly stated his desire to be a boy and has behaved as such, going to boys' toilets, dressing in boys' clothes, boys' hairstyles and boys' games and activities.

"[He] has stopped having relationships with girls as a heterosexual type relationship. [He] feels angry and cheated that [his] body is female and angry that [he] has periods," he said.

Justice Alistair Nicholson ruled that hormonal treatment would be in Alex's best interests and would benefit the child's mental and emotional health, but the decision has divided medical experts and ethicists.

Mental health? Hoooo boy, that's rich.