Saturday is Sex Day!
This week's topic probably won't be as much fun to talk about as the one from last week. Sometimes I wonder how people think about sex, what their definition of the act is. A few years back, I got into a conversation with a random female who did not hold a high opinion of men. I tried defending my gender, or at least myself, against her prejudices when she asked me, "So if you saw a drunk girl lying on a couch, you wouldn't fuck her?" I was shocked that this question could even be asked, and she delivered it in a nonchalant, matter of fact manner like the question was supposed to be rhetorical. I told her no, that's rape. I can't see how anybody can do that.
This conversation reminded me of an exchange I overheard amongest a couple of popular kids in high school. We were all seniors, and one was discussing withhis friends how to get into some freshman's pants. The answer? "Just stick your dick in her, man!" I realize this is high school and people grow up -- I hope -- but I still disturbs me. How could anybody think this way? I've always thought sex should have emotion and mutual consideration between partners, but.. I'm not even going to get into some of the horror stories I've heard.
How do you perceive sex and has your definition differed with others in a good or bad way? And do you think the lack of sexual education for young adults helps confuse the definition for people, thus leading to more cases of rape?
[Post as anonymously as you want, though someone pointed out to me last week that Sitemeter has IP logging. And, come to find out, so does Haloscan. I can't turn IP logging off, but I'mve made it so it's only viewable to me. So, just for full disclosure...]

<< Home