You know...
When Clinton ran for president, the Republicans were up in arms about how he didn't serve in Vietnam.
When Dubya ran for office, the Republicans didn't give two shits and a fuck about the fact that he went AWOL. And they still don't.
But now that Kerry, a decorated Vietnam vet, is running for office, it's all about discrediting his military record. A record of which most of these chickenhawks just don't have.
I realize I'm stating the obvious here, but I just can't get over the hypocrisy of this situation. How can anybody believe a word out of the GOP's mouth after taking an objective look at this situation? This is the closest I can come to describing how nerve-wracking it is to try and debate Republicans. How can you debate somebody with a mindset this fucked? No matter what counterargument you bring to the table, it simply rolls right off them. They won't believe it because their view of the the world is so warped that it's OK for Bush to be AWOL, but it's a disgrace for Clinton to have dodged the draft and for Kerry to have fought in the war.
I know there's a Republican reading this right now grumbling to himself about how I'm some kind of liberal pussy who just doesn't understand. Please, kind sir, post a comment. I'd love to examine your "reasoning."

<< Home