5/17/2004

If it's not Scottish, it's crrrraaaaap!

OK, one more post, then bed. Honest!

These men have the right idea.

Scientists found that a large number of the Scottish males they interviewed prized their beer bellies because it meant they did not look weak.

The trend was so pronounced, according to the study, that some men of ‘normal’ weight even wanted to be fatter.

Of course, the article drones on into health issues.

"This would put them at increased risk of weight-related health complications, such as Scotland’s big three: coronary heart disease, cancer and stroke."

Blah blah blah. You know what? Who gives a shit. How come it's assumed that we all have to live until we're 100, otherwise we haven't lived a full life? Just why the hell would I want to live until 100, anyways? That's just tacking unneeded years on my time in a nursing home. I'll jog and lift weights to keep my belly reduced and metabolism going, but goddamnit, I'm going to eat what I damn well please. This doesn't mean Taco Bell and ribs every night, but what the fuck? I'd rather dropdead of a coronary at 75 then live for another 25 years if it's going to be a boring and empty existence. Surely I don't want to be fat, but what's the problem with my belly? Hmmm?

Society's stupid social rules are hurting my belly's poor wittle feelings.