Welcome to Vietnam
I'm not sure how much I should say about Bush's speech. I mean, I guess I have to say something, but I don't have anything new to say because what Republicans claim is Bush's "coherent plan" is just the same shit that we've been hearing for a while.
"There are five steps in our plan to help Iraq achieve democracy and freedom," Mr Bush said. "We will hand over authority to a sovereign Iraqi government, help establish security, continue rebuilding Iraq's infrastructure, encourage more international support and move toward a national election that will bring forward new leaders empowered by the Iraqi people."
Not only is there nothing new here, but I don't see how anyone can call this a plan. Bush is merely reiterating his current policy which, as we all know, has worked fucking wonders. Not only has this policy failed the Iraqi people, but it has failed to win over hearts and minds on the homefront. Even a deep south, conservative state like Alabama thinks Bush has failed. This an an example of Bush's base, the people he depends on to vote for him, and he's losing their trust. Bush has actually managed to fuck up so much that Kerry is finally moving ahead of him in the polls.
But none of this seems to matter. Bush continues to echo some tired lines from the 60s
President Bushtrying to dispel rising doubts about the war, declared Monday night the United States would stay in Iraq until it was free and democratic and suggested more U.S. soldiers might have to be sent to stop enemy forces bent on destroying the new government.
Remind you of anything we've heard from another president whose home was Texas? If I still haven't jogged your memory, then maybe a draft will.

<< Home