6/05/2004

Why Do You Bother Ebro?

So I roll out of bed, take a shower, flip on the baseball game and get my first whiff of the news. And when news makes it onto the Red Sox broadcast, it's usually big news.

I don't feel that I have much to comment on about Reagan's death. Regardless of who somebody is and whether or not you even have a personal relationship with them, you hope for the best. I can't stand it when I have to walk through a nursing home and I see so many elderly people I'll never know who are in the twilight of their lives, bedridden, and screaming for no apparent reason. I can't help but hope that their suffering ends soon. Even though I know there's only one way for that suffering to end, I understand that it's in their best interests for that time to come soon. So, in a sense, somebody got lucky today. And if somebody lives a full life to a ripe old age, I have trouble feeling sorrow for them after they have passed away. I feel more sorrow for them if they are still living and suffering.