7/10/2004

Pop goes the nuke

Are black market nukes being sold in our backyard?

An investigation of the black market supplying nations wanting nuclear arms has spread to more than 20 firms - some of them North American - the chief of the UN atomic agency told The Associated Press on Friday. ...

The diplomat said at least one of them was in the United States.

"Some" of there firms are in North American, "at least one" confirmed to be on our soil.

"At least one" my ass. I'm not an expert on what firms sell nuclear material, but I'm betting that if I did some research into who they were, none on this continent would be in Mexico. I wonder how many "firms" in the US are peddling nukes to Iran and North Korea. Why won't the UN release the names of these companies? I want to goto Open Secrets and see how much they've donated to the Bush campaign.