Fox News can suck it
I can't believe I'm reading this shit from Media Matters.
FOX News Channel hosts Morton M. Kondracke (Roll Call executive editor); Fred Barnes (Weekly Standard executive editor); and Brit Hume (FOX News Channel managing editor and chief Washington correspondent) all agreed that President George W. Bush never claimed that Iraq posed an "imminent threat" while making his public case for war and that, in fact, "he said the opposite."
I'm staring at the screen and the keyboard right now, and I simply don't know where to begin. There's just so much wrong with this situation... If Bush never said that Iraq posed an imminent threat, then why goto war with the country? If Bush "said the opposite," then why goto war? What exactly is the opposite, anyways? Did Bush say, "We're attacking Saddam because he's a flower picking, rat hippie bastard!" I mean, if Bush truly said the threat posed by Iraq was the opposite of "imminent," why did networks like Fox News support a war against a country which supposedly posed a threat to us?
This. Makes. No. Sense. In a just world, if a media organization shoved a foot this far into their mouth, they'd have a boot coming right out of their ass. This is just simply ridiculous.
[Crossposted to blunted on reality.]

<< Home