8/26/2004

Meanwhile, in Equatorial Guinea...

It would appear that their president's stomach is rumbling for some Rocky Mountain Oysters.

But the president's crimes may be even worse than that. Severo Moto Nsa, the rival leader of a government-in-exile in Spain and the man who was to take power in the alleged latest coup plot, has described President Obiang as a cannibal who "eats his political rivals".

Mr Moto claims that the president was told by local soothsayers to kill the people close to him to keep his grip on power. Since then he has allegedly murdered and eaten people he views as a threat.

"He has devoured a police commissioner," Mr Moto told a Spanish radio station in March. "I say 'devoured', as this commissioner was buried without his testicles and brain. We are in the hands of a cannibal."

And Mr Moto sees himself as a prime target: "Obiang wants me to go back to Guinea ... [so he can] eat my testicles."

I can't make this stuff... I can only hope that Mr. Moto has.