9/13/2004

Look at all the new toys the Bush administration has brought to us!

I found a list of now-legal assault weapons in thr Guardian. Kinda funny how they're accross the pond and reporting on this stuff...

TEC-9, TEC-22 and TEC-DC9

Semi-automatic pistols with a long magazine in front of the trigger. The TEC-9 was one of the guns used by the killers at the Columbine high school.

Woo hoo! All you high schools better watch out! And the irony here is that Bush is helping Michael Moore, because now he'll soon have opportunities to make "Bowling for..." sequels!

SWD M-10, M-11, M-11-9 and M-12

Civilian versions of the MAC-10 assault pistol, they are designed to spray fire bullets over a wide area.

I guess this is for the Nugenite that hunts 50 deer at once, right? Totally useful without thinking about all the possible deaths it could cause!

Oh, and the big one is back. That's right... The AK47 is perfectly fucking legal now!

All this talk of guns makes me want to head to Field Day this Sunday. Every September in my town, the local sportsmens club opens their doors to the public, and everyone drops by to shoot guns, throw axes, etc. Some city liberals I tell this to are horrified that I would even partake in such an event, but truth be told, I actually like to shoot a gun every once in a while. Even if it's just to see how much my aim still sucks. But this year should be more entertaining, because I'll get to wander around ground zero of firearms opinions a week after Bush made all these old toys legal again. I may have to bring my camera.