Fakes?
John posted this comment in response to my assertion that the documents are real, (which I've updated with information I came across that invalidates my previous arguments), something that even the left side of the blogosphere is starting to doubt.
They could have the same documents if Karl Rove and Co. had created the documents in the first place and "leaked" them to the media to put in place further discrediting of the whole "Bush blew off the National Guard" debate as spurious.
I replied, kind of poo-pooing his thoughts. But the more I think about it, there may be some ring of truth to them.
After this forgery scandal is through, do you think we'll hear anything about former Texas Lt. Governor Barnes admitting he got Bush placed in the National Guard so he could avoid Vietnam? That, as far as I'm concerned, is a much bigger story that the right can't dispute.
Karl Rove is an asshole, and a political genius. And if these (maybe) forged documents aren't traced back to him, then the shit sticks to 60 Minutes and all stories questioning Bush's National Guard "service" suddenly lose credibility.
I think CBS needs to check with their anonymous sources to see just where these documents came from, because a situation like this sounds like Rove's fatty little fingers are all over it.

<< Home