I'd like to see Cheney or Edwards do this
Unless you're an exreme political wonk of (former) Green Party insider, you probably haven't heard of Pat LaMarche. She is the Green's vice presidential nominee, on the ticket with David Cobb, who's found getting attention so tough that he had to get arrested with the Libertarian's Badnarik at the second debate just to get a morsel of national attention. In fact, for any third party candidate not named "Nader," the media has ignored them even if they are more popular than Nader. I'm still torn on whether or not they should be ignored given the importance of this election cycle. One half of me thinks, "Fuck'em, I know I agree more with the Greens, but we're got to get Bush out of office." But another side of me wishes they would get more coverage, because there's a slew of issues that they stand for which haven't even been mentioned.
Pat LaMarche has tried to bring attention to one of these issues: Poverty. She's done it in the most honorable way possible by going to 14 cities and sleeping on the streets, all part of her "Left Out" tour. I've heard about this through Greens, but the link I provided goes to a story in the Providence Phoenix, my local altweekly. I know it's not the NY Times, but I'm happy that some elements of the media are paying attention to LaMarche's plight and discussing an issue that really has been left out.

<< Home