12/15/2004

On Iraq the Farce...

When I commented on Juan Cole's post about Iraq the Model yesterday, I kind of assumed that he put in the research needed to make his claims. Shame on me. Juan trusted the tin foil hat brigade at Martini Republic to do the research for him, and it looks like they really screwed the pooch by doing a half-assed job with that research, and making a few half-assed posts about it. I'm trying to be nice here, but after reading a few other posts at MR (like one titled "Kos anti-Democratic?," which shows me just how far their trust goes and how they'll use conspiracy theory to make the most ridiculous claims), I can't fathom why anyone would think MR is a trusted source. Unfortunately because these are who Juan relied upon, I'll now forever read his blog with a small voice in the back of my head screaming, "This guy doesn't research his shit!"