media watch
I would comment on the bombings, the targets, etc., but what's the point? We know now that the war has started, and you can find out all of that information by turning into the mass media. We already know the government's story, I'm not going to echo that in this blog. What's relevant are the feelings of people that you are not going to hear about in the mass media right now, and being a watchdog to the media to point out if/when they lie. I'll admit that a lot of what I post in the following days may be a rehash of stories from other blogs, but I'm trying to give the most comprehensive look at the situation as possible.
The Green Party of the United States issued a press release today that accuses Bush of being a war criminal, laying out their case against the president.
Daily Kos comments on the military strategy that could be the reasoning behind Iraq possibily blowing up their own oil wells.
Global anti-war protests break out as the bombs started to fall on Baghdad. A lot of protests are turning very anti-American, but.. can you blame them? I'd prefer it if they were more anti-Bush, but I guess being anti-Bush is the face of anti-Americanism around the global these days. I will be taking part in one today. Visit the Independent Media Center in your area to see if there is a protest you can take part in. Also, the Indymedia Newswire has numerous articles about protests in the states and abroad. Anybody can post to the newswire there, so protesters are throwing up words and pictures about what's happening in their city in a fast and furious manner, (their newswire already has 50 pages of articles from today alone, and it's only a little bit past 1:30PM EST right now).
Good letter/rant from a citizen of Iraq. He goes against everything that our government preceives about the residents of Baghdad, or at least what they tell us on the news.
No wonder there are people questioning whether or not it was Saddam who spoke to the Iraqi people last night.

I'm now taking bets on what emo band will use this for their next album cover.

<< Home