millions to be ignored
Millions of Europeans stopped working midday Friday and went to the streets to protest against a war in Iraq. Millions. I was listening to news reports on the radio yesterday and I didn't hear a peep about this. When I finally did hear about this, I checked Washington Post, Washington Times, New York Times, LA Times, and the Chicago Tribune, and their front pages didn't mention a thing about this. I had to do a news search on news.google.com just to find stories related to this, because it wasn't on the frontpage there, either. I also checked the AFP wire and it wasn't there, although the only stories I could check went back to late afternoon on friday so there could have been an article about the European protests before then. Needless to say, I'm pretty pissed off with the lack of coverage this has received. When the press virtually ignores millions of protesters, then they are simply not doing their jobs. Period. There is no other way you can look at it.

<< Home