Here's the text to a message I posted to the forum of www.thenleave.com, which is a site that wants to pay for people who disagree with the Bush administration to leave the country:
I have a question for the person that runs this site and the people who support it: should you be asked to leave the country when you hated the Clintion administration?
It's a valid question, because you are asking people who disagree with the Bush administration to leave. Well, I have little doubt in my mind that you people liked Clinton while he was in office, so why don't YOU leave the country? In fact, you're a couple years too late to capitalize on your opportunity to run this site from France. I'll buy YOUR ticket.
Hell, at least Clinton was democratically elected, unlike the man you support.
So, please, take a civics class, because you obviously slept through it in high school. If you think that those who disagree with Bush should leave the country, you are showing your ignorance of how our system of government, and the LEGAL RIGHT OF DISSENT, and the RIGHT TO VOTE FOR A CANDIDATE OTHER THAN BUSH. If you want to live in a country where everyone is forced to agree with Bush, then I'll give you a one way ticket to Iraq.
And don't even think about complaining that anti-war protesters commit acts of civil disobdience. If you do, then I hope that you think the Boston Tea party was wrong, too. If you agree with one and not the other, then you are a hypocrite.
You are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites. I wouldn't say that if you actually came out and told the truth about your website: if somebody doesn't agree with YOU, then they should leave the country. This has nothing to do with respecting the sitting government. So, to turn your "logic" against you, then I dare any one of you who did not support Clinton while he was in office to leave the country. Just leave, right now, don't be a hypocrite.
I'm waiting for this message to get deleted.

<< Home