6/11/2003

Baseball, anyone?
Note to now and future bloggers: quitting your help desk job and moving to a different state does not work wonders for your time to update a blog. And, not to make excuses, but it also doesn't help that, essentially, there's nothing happening in the way of new news. We all know that Bush is lying but nothing is going to happen, that the "war" in Iraq has not ended and it wasn't planned properly, thus leading to more people dying; and we all know that Bush's tax cut probably won't help the economy, even though nobody is going to hold that against him, either.

I will comment on all this not just in due time, but when I have time (and when Blogger doesn't delete my entries before posting them). So instead, I figured that I would use this entry to post something entertaining: the all-superhero baseball squad!

These are the kinds of things you think about inbetween heckling batters at a minor league game, which is exactly what I did tonight. When you start thinking about ridiculous stuff like this, it's time to leave the stadium. But I would like to share my wisdom with you, dear reader. For I have assembled the greatest baseball team in the history of the known universe.

Starting Pitcher: Gambit
The guy has perfect aim, and his fastball explodes. Literally.

Catcher: The Hulk
Ain't nobody going around him on a close play at the plate.

First Base: The Thing
This is a power hitters position, because all you need to do is stand there and catch to ball.

Second Base: Flash
Every team needs a base stealer, and nothing is going through the hole with Flash playing in the infield.

Shortstop: Mr. Fantastic
I know that shortstops are bred to be power hitters now, but I an going the traditional route with this choice. Mr. Fantastic will have the most range of any shortshop in history.

Third Base: Spider-Man
You have to fit Petey somewhere on the squad because he's just cool.

And now, the Outfield of Power!

Left Field: Martian Manhunter
He's like Superman, except green and from Mars.

Center Field: Superman
You want speed in center field? You got it. Plus he's got power to boot.

Right Field: Silver Surfer
He's like Superman, except he dwells in space and has a surfboard. Plus he's silver!

Closer: Jean Grey
Telekinesis, baby. Her pitches will have more movement then a knuckleball on crack.

Manager: Batman
Who else? He doesn't actually have super powers, but he's got the biggest brain.

Batboy: Robin

There you have it, the greatest baseball team in the known universe. I hope this bout of idiocy will tide you over until I can make a real entry.