MSNBC boots Savage for telling a caller he should, "get AIDS and die"
Michael Savage used to have a show on MSNBC. That's until he told a caller this: "Oh, you're one of the sodomites. You should only get AIDS and die, you pig. How's that? Why don't you see if you can sue me, you pig. You got nothing better than to put me down, you piece of garbage. You have got nothing to do today, go eat a sausage and choke on it. Get trichinosis." ('Trichinosis' defined here.)Regular readers of this blog already know what I think of Michael Savage, so I'm not going to report myself. Instead, I would like to show you what Republicans think of MSNBC's decision to fire Savage. Let's look new further than today's World Net Daily poll which asks the question, "Was MSNBC right to fire Michael Savage for suggesting someone get AIDS and die?"
The poll was posted at midnight. Right now, it's 2:30, so the thousands od votes that these polls usually generate have not come in yet. But four "No" options hold a solid majority for the lead, witht he leading vote getter so far being, "No, Savage wrongly axed for exercising freedom of speech," followed by, "No, MSNBC gave into 'gay' pressure groups," "No, remarks not nearly as offensive as what's on TV these days," and, "No, I agree with Savage's remarks."
Think about this for a second. "No, I agree with Savage's remarks," why is this even an option? And 15% of the people who have voted so far AGREE with this option! 15% of the people who read World Net Daily hope that gay people get AIDS and DIE! And this is a website that complains about "liberal bias" in the media, a website frequented by Republicans, who appearently see no problem with everyone thinking that gay people should die of AIDS. Could anything be more perverse or offensive as this? I mean, I'm offended by this. This is just plain sick and disgusting. How can this site even be taken seriously when their readers think this, and how can we not believe that some of the Republican Party core doesn't believe in this statement if they don't come out, immediately, and denouce it?
As for the first option, I'm all for freedom of speech. However, freedom of speech does not mean that I have a right to my own show in MSNBC. Savage also does not have that right. MSNBC did the right thing, lest they be the network that thinks gay people should die of AIDS. This is proof that they shouldn't haven't given the bastard a show in the first place, it's not like a number of groups who didn't want to see Savage on the air didn't tell MSNBC point blank that something like this would happen. We're not stupid. As for his remarks "not being nearly as offensive as what's on TV these days," what the fuck are those people watching?
I'm not sure if I qam angered more by Savage's remarks or the fact that the right is going to defend him. If Republicans are smart and have any semblance , they well denouce Savage immediately, and they might already have by the time you read this. But I doubt it. I seriously doubt it. Just remember this: if the right does not denouce Michael Savage, they agree with him. Let that thought roll around for a couple minutes and tell me how disgusted you are.

<< Home