7/03/2003

Legally Dumb
I know it's not just me that thinks "Legally Blonde 2: Red, White, and Blonde" looks sickeningly annoying. Just the movie poster and the way she's dressed.. With that outfit and her starved figure, she mine as well be a Barbie doll. She even looks plastic. The fact that people make movies like this a blockbuster makes me wonder less about why the rest of the world thinks we're idiots.

For some unknown reason, I watched "Access Hollywood" today and they had their film "critic" on (he more resembled a professional ass kisser), and he praised the film because Reese Whitherspoon (if that's spelled wrong, I don't care) is "America's New Sweetheart", and said that people should see the film even though he admitted that it didn't really have a great plot or great script. Great, so the boob tube is now telling me to see a poorly produced movie just because of the lead actor? Blow me. It's great to see that our puveyors of entertainment are holding Hollywood upto standards of intelligence and dignity. Sigh.